This week at clinic was really jumbled....We got there and started right away doing crafts. We got called back, did her vital signs and everything looked awesome! She started gaining back some of the weight she lost in the beginning of October which was so relieving! FEEHEW! She also has a yeast infection from all the antibiotics they gave her last week, poor girl, but she's doing so good!
Little miss Livi was pretty sneaky this week, you see she had a lumbar puncture scheduled for 1:30 (SOO LATE IN THE DAY!) She isnt allowed to have anything to eat for 6 hours and nothing to drink for 2. Well she snuck a bite of Rykers poptart for breakfast....the girl was starving! Of course I got mad at her because I told her not to eat anything but how mad could I possibly get when she hasnt eaten anything all day.....Poor Liv! We saw the Dr and thats the first thing I told him, he said we cold either wait and have the LP done at 4 or just have it done next time we come either one they said it wasnt a huge deal when she gets the LP. We decided to do it next time and they made her appointment for 8:30, thank goodness! Why they had her scheduled so late in the day I dont understand but they really need to know they cant do that to starving little ones. Especially sneaky ones....
They also upped her dosage of Methotreaxate again to 175 MG! I couldnt believe it, we're making our way up there. She only got 140 last time so that was a huge jump! We're all loaded up on our Zofran (for nausea) and our Oxycodone and magic mouth was, so hopefully we'll be able to keep the side effects under control.
Oh how we love the crafts at clinic!
Getting her line flushed, she gets more and more interested in what their doing each time we go. She'll ask, "Is this a drink?" or "Is this my medicine?" or "Is that my blood work?"
Sitting on Mommy's lap. Normally I wouldnt say anything bad about the nurses we have in clinic, but this time I think our girl was new. She kept pushing Livi's needle in and out and moving it around, so so painful for Liv!! Usually they just have her move her arms around or stand up or something because her line is so positional. By the time I figured out what the heck she was trying to do I quickly let her know that she wasnt doing it right....Holy cow I was so SO mad at this nurse! She really hurt Livi. I mean its still already so hard for her to get her port accessed and now why dont we just freak her out some more about it?? Ok I'm done venting about that...
Clinic Stats:
Weight: 18.0 KG
Height: 105.6
ANC: 1200
HCT: 32.2
Until next time....
I'm glad Livi is gaining weight back and that clinic went okay, other than a crappy nurse...BOO to that :(
ReplyDeleteKaidan once snuck a handful of swedish fish and had to bail out on her LP too...so funny!
I hope this week is going okay for you all and that the side effects from the chemo increase are minimal.
Haha. I am laughing so hard right now.. I can just see her sneaking food from her brother. What a smart girl! Im sorry you had a crummy nurse, I HATE when that happens. Blahhh!
ReplyDeleteYAY for one more round of chemo down! woot woot!