Livi got Chemo on Monday and from then on just wasnt feeling well at all, she went to school on tuesday but her teacher said she was acting very tired all day, I put her in the car and she slept untill about 5 that day. Then just day by day she just kept on getting more tired and started developing mouth sores. (always happens to us!) Poor girl :( so I was having to use oxycodone more and more. Friday she woke up and her mouth sores were horrible, just aweful, she also had sores on her bum which leads me to think she has the same thing she did last time she was admitted; when the sores go down the throat, through the intestines and out.....She of course didnt want to eat or drink anything except apple juice (what a help that is...) and I would just add a packet of Duocal to it. (adds 300 calories and 5 grams of protien) But that wasnt enough! I knew she was probably totally dehydrated.
Saturday she started to develope a fever. Just a low grade one, but I kept my eyes on it. By about 4:30 it started getting higher, it was 100.4 so I called the Oncologist on-call. She told me I should probably just bring her up to the hospital so they could look at her because if she has an infection she needs antibiotic.
When we got there Livi's fever was 101.5 so they gave her some tylenol and started a CBC. They also started her on IV antibiotics right away just in case.....when they got her counts back they were good, her ANC was 1400 so they just sent us home and said to just try to stay on top of her medicine as much as possible and do a follow up the next day.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment