CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 18, 2010

Clinic Day 10/18/10


When we got to clinic today there was 2 wagons full of toys for Livi to pick out something. It was from a family who's daughter had been in treatment 6 years ago. She was 2 when she started treatment and is now a healthy 10 year old! She raises steers every year and then with the money she sells them for she buys toys to take around to all the cancer patients. What an awesome little girl to have such a big heart. It was so cute and it was so good to meet someone who was all done and had a great outcome from chemotherapy!

She chose Hungry Hungry Hippo from her friends with the wagon


Got it all out of the box and already playing with it!


This is her getting her Vincristine through her port, and taking it like a champ!


Cheese!!



This is the one we hate (we hate both of them of course, but this is the one that makes the kids the sickest) Methotrexate....they uped her dosage this time even though they said they werent going to anymore but Dr. Lemons suggested it was for the best. And since he is the best Oncologist at that hospital I'm going to trust him. We're probably going to be in lots of pain tomorrow but he thought it was for the best to cure the Leukemia.



Here is how it is given, over a course of 20 minutes in this machine.

All done and ready to go home!

CLINIC STATS:
Weight: 16.8 KG (she is loosing lots of weight, time to start power packing)
Height: 106
ANC: 3200!!!!
HCT: 29.7
WBC: 6.2

She had an awesome time in clinic today. She got a game, watched a movie, was able to order chicken nuggets to her chair and meet some new friends. This was a clinic day we actually enjoyed. First time I have ever been able to say that....She is such a trooper and since they uped her dosage I am extremely nervous about the days to come. But we are all set with Oxycodone and magic mouth wash and nausea medicine, so hopefully we can keep the side effects under control and wont have to make any special trips up to the hospital this week. Thank you Jessi for watching Ryker for me as always, I really appreciate it with all my heart!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool thing that family does with the prize wagon! That's so awesome!! I'm so glad it was a good chemo day! I hate that you guys have to do that every week. :( NO FUN!!! But I'm glad there are small things that can make it just a little bit better! I love you guys and OF COURSE I will watch Ryker! He is so good over here, it's really my pleasure to watch him I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that it was a good clinic day. It makes such a difference when they don't HATE to be there. We will be praying the upped does doesn't effect her. Always thinking of you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look like she is taking it like a champ! That is a sweet wagon of toys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO SO SO glad you finally had a good experience at clinic- you deserve it after all you've been through. I am praying that the side effects are minimal for you guys. PLEASE no more mouth sores! Thinking about you all! Hang in there this week. XOXOX

    PS- Cami was looking at the pictures of Livi getting her chemo and she said "Livi is so brave! She looks like a princess, just one with tubes hanging out". LOL, she love her friend Livi!

    ReplyDelete