Playing with Grandma Johnson
Clinic was a good experience today, no flu shot, no back poke and no bone marrow aspiration! Just Methotrexate and Vincristine through her port. They used a 1 inch needle in her port today because it has had trouble in the past drawing back with a 3/4 inch. It drew back right away and was nicely done by the nurse. Livi is still having a really hard time with it, she started kicking and hitting but we got her under control long enough to get the bandages on then she calmed down almost instantly. Its not painful for her because I put TONS of emla cream (numbing cream) all over so I know she cant feel it. Its just really scary for her still. They also upped her dosage of the Chemo drugs today. It went from 100 to 150. We saw the effects of that later that night. Just all of a sudden she got very very sick. Throwing up left and right and tired as all could be. Poor girl. I'm not excited to see what the next couple of times hold when they have to up her dose each time. EEKK!
CLINIC STATS:
HEIGHT: 105.5
WEIGHT:19.4 KG
ANC:1400
PLATELETS: 614
HEMATOCRIT:31.6
Im glad clinic went better today. We go tomorrow..eeek! Cami has to go to RTU- she HATES those "sleepy doctors" so Im hoping she does OK. I hope Livi gets feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteUping the dose is bitter sweet it sounds like. Means she is doing well, but then makes her sick! No fun! Glad that the access went as well as you could hope for. Her and Chase could be buddies with the kicking and pushing. Chase never flinches so I am with you, I don't think it hurts it is just scary for them still. I hope Livi is feeling better now a few days have past.
ReplyDeleteShe is doing much better! Shes just not really eating and gets sick from time to time but that first night was terrible. Its like we got hit with every single thing in 5 minutes. Chelsea-how often do they do LP's in this round? This was only our second time and they didnt tell me when they next time she gets it is....
ReplyDeleteThey only do one LP this round. It will be on your 4th visit (this round). We just had our 4th visit, they upped her dose and did the LP. It hit Cami pretty hard. She is down and out today. I am scared for next time when they will up it yet again! How much more can our girls take??? Hang in there hun, we are thinking about you both.
ReplyDelete