One year ago yesterday I took Alivia to the doctor for an EAR ACHE that ended up being CANCER and MASTOIDITUS. They LIFELIGHTED my daughter to Primary Childrens Medical Center because they were 85% certain she had Leukemia, she was being admitted to the cancer kids unit (or the ICS). Where they gave us her of diagnosis of PRE B ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA exactly one year ago today.
There is also no way for me to express my gratitude for all the wonderful things that so many countless people have done for our family this last year. I have learned that there is so much good in this world and to not take advantage of anything. I can not say it enough. Thank you.
Here is Livi just 2 months before her diagnosis. The cancer was probably swarming through her little body at this time.

These pictures dont do it justice of how horrible the first week was, somehow Livi still has a smile on her face.
Steriods. They speak for themselves. She was on a vicious 28 day regime, this is when her physical features starting changing the most. She gained a little over 10 pounds in just one month and got the the point where she could barely walk.
These pictures make me cry. They just give you a little glance in to the horrible things that our little girl has been put through. There is no number to count how many tears of pain, heartbreak and unhappiness that this extremely wonderful and brave this little girl has had to shed. I want her to know that with every bit of my heart I was there by her side at every moment, crying with her.
congrats on your one year mark! it has been hard fought - livi, like all these little ones we have come to know, is an inspiration.
ReplyDelete