The "Cancer Land" as I call it, isnt a glamorous one, its not a vacation, its not something that anyone ever wants to experience. But at times like this when these kids get to do something miraculous that puts a smile back on their faces, it makes it all bearable. Camp Hobe is a wonderful place full of extraordinary people and their one and only concern is to make sure these kids have the time of their lives.
At the end of February I got an email from HopeKids saying that they were now taking applications for Camp Hobe, I had no idea what this was of course so I googled it. As I searched their website I instantly started to cry...the pictures and the statements written are so touching. It is made up of purely volunteers who dedicate countless hours to helping out with this camp for kids who are going through or who have gone through chemo and their siblings. Ryker was to young to go and Livi qualified for the day camp. She went on a Monday and Tuesday, and she had the time of her life! Thank you Camp Hobe!!!
Here is Livi with her 4 "chemo sisters" they dont get to see each other very often but when they meet up again and again its like they never left each others side. What an amazing support system for Livi to have.
Here is a few of the mom's that I have made friends with over the last year. What an amazing group!
On our way home....Livi is exhausted as you can tell but she had the time of her life and cant wait to go back next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment