Clinic was the same as usual, she was just getting Vincristine through her port so it was a relatively short visit. We checked in, Livi got to make a cute little craft and we were called back.
CLINIC STATS:
Height: 170.2 (Growing so fast!)
Weight: 19.2
We went back to our room and met with the nurse practitioner and then our oncologist, Dr. Sprayker, who we absolutely love! Livi is so funny, she is NEVER shy but when we get to clinic she doesn't like to talk to anyone...go figure, I wouldn't want to talk to the people who were sticking me with needles either. But afterwards she talks and talks about everyone. She always says "Mom I really like my oncororgost, she is so nice and she makes me all better!" Isn't that the sweetest thing?!
The drive home was a different story, she got sick of course, as always but this time in my car! I need to follow other moms instruction and keep a "barf kit" in my car....I had one at one point but she get so sick so often that I ran out of those nifty little blue throw up bags that they have at the hospital. She was not a happy camper at all. She fell asleep before we got home though so thats good. We went and got Ryker from our lovely babysitter Aunt Jessi and headed home to finish out our month, and our week with STEROIDS.
Yes the horrible steriods once again. Livi will be on steroids for a week a month for the next 2 years. I really dont know if I can handle that...especially with Rykers new diagnosis I read that some of the treatments for seizures is steroids. K I dont know who thinks this is funny but having 2 kids on steroids with no husband around....Im going to need an army to help control my kids.
This week Livi binged on chicken nuggets and corndogs and fruit snacks. Im not kidding when I say this girl could seriously eat us out of house and home. She went through and entire bag of chicken nuggets by herself in ONE DAY. No joke, then when I ask her how many corndogs she wants she says "Umm, I just want like 4." Yeah, 4 corndogs for breakfast, not the small ones either, Im talking regular sized corndogs. We have decided her and my brother Justin are going to have an eating contest the next time she is on....She will seriously probably win!!
I just want to give a special thanks to all the people who are praying for our family. I can feel such a difference in our home the last few days. I feel like everything is going to be okay no matter what life throws at us. So thank you again for being so wonderful to think of us. We love you all!
Jenni I just read the last couple of posts onyour blog! You are seriously so amazing! Im sorry you are going through this...we'll be praying for you and your cute family. Hang in there...
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! 2 kids on steroids... you really WILL get eaten out of house and home! I think you have a fabulous attitude about all of this. You are one amazing person! LOVE YA JENNI! Good luck on those roids. We will be right there with you at the end of the week :( boo!
ReplyDeleteJenni, I'm From Brasil, My Name, is Jéssica, and i dont speak inglish, but I Tried, All my family are prayng for your family, And some Friends of mine, We love YOUR courage, you look so Brave..., Ah your children, they are amazing Children, They Melt my hearth!.
ReplyDeleteHey...just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you and your cute family. I hope you are all hanging in there, and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you.
ReplyDelete