Well we're finally home and things are starting to calm down and we are all getting pretty used to our new schedule, its definitely a huge lifestyle change but somehow with the help of lots of family and friends we're managing to do it. Livi is actually starting to act more and more like herself everyday, I catch a smile here and a smile there, and if we're really lucky we might get a laugh. It was the hardest thing ever seeing my little girl so sad and mad all the time and never wanting to do anything but lay on the couch. There were a couple of days that it was a battle to even get her out of her pajamas and brush her hair! But slowly we're getting better.
So may I ask...how in the world do you tell your only daughter, who has since the day she was born has loved getting her hair brushed, putting it in cute ponys, bows and ribbons, who would just sit for hours and want me to brush her hair that it will one day very soon be all gone?? Its falling out so fast, I thought at first that maybe I was just imagining it, that a couple pieces here and a couple pieces there wouldn't make that much of a difference....well then the last couple of days she has woken up and her pillow has just been covered in hair. And every time i brush her hair I'm just covered in it...this is probably going to be the hardest thing for her....and me. She is my daughter and I cant imagine how I would handle something so horrible, she is definitely my hero and wish us luck.
I know you don't know me really well- you might remember me - I am the "scentsy girl" that did Alison Taylors party... I am so sorry for what you are going through right now & I am so excited to help raise some funds to help you out!!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to give you a suggestion that I heard from a friend who also was going through hair loss due to chemo & what she had happen for her: a group of her friends had a "hats off party" for her...they invited several people to come & bring their best hats, scarves, headbands, etc. for her to wear & enjoy while going through her chemo....
This might be a fun thing for you to do with your little Alivia, giving her a chance to find out that beauty isn't always a head of hair!!
May God continue to watch over & bless you during this time!! My prayers are with you!!