I took my kids up to see their cousin Alivia today. They are so close to her... basically like brothers and sisters. My sister in law Jessica (Jenni's sister) brought up Jenni's little boy Ryker and I took my kids Jarrett and Kynzie. When we got there, Jessica, and Jenni and Ryker were all outside the front doors of Primary Children's. We decided to go eat first and then go up and see her. I could tell it was good for Jenni to get that little break and go eat. And Ryker was so excited to see his mama! Jenni said they took Ryker in to see Livi and within the first 10 minutes they were fighting.. ha ha! That's brother and sister for ya!
When we were done eating, we took the kids up to see her. Kynzie is 3. She doesn't really understand what is going on but all she knew is she wanted to play with Livi! In fact when I told her we were going to see Alivia, she said "OH! I need to wear my Snow White dress! Livi will LOVE it mom! " And my Jarrett is 4.. almost 5. He understands a little better. We walked in and they both said hi to her, being very careful not to hurt her. It didn't affect Kynzie.. she wanted to hop up on her bed and play with the toys we brought for Livi! But Jarrett, who is very tender hearted, had a harder time. He told his grandma Michaelle that he couldn't see Livi like that and he needed to go out. So they went for a walk while Kynzie played with Livi like crazy. I can tell she misses her a lot. When we left Jarrett said his goodbyes and we walked outside. Once we got to the car, he cried and cried for Livi saying he misses her. I felt so bad for my little guy who didn't quite understand what was going on... but understood enough that Livi was very sick. And all he knew is that he couldn't see his cousin that he loves so much hurting like that.
And so I ask.. what's the right decision? I can't help but feel responsible. I know it was the right choice to take them to see her. It's just so hard when they get so sad. Alivia needed to see her cousins. And they needed to see her. They love her SO much!!
Livi, we love you and know you are strong enough to fight this. And we will all be right there fighting along with you! Hang in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment