Happy Birthday Jenni! She's the big
23 baby! Last night Jessica and I went up to see Livi, Jenni, and Chase. Livi was doing pretty good. Jenni said she was having an angry day. Who wouldn't being stuck in that hospital room all day every day?! They had some activities with Livi to help. She made some play-dough to punch and take her anger out on. Did it work? Jenni said it did a little. To top it all off, she was given a steroid that gave her a little "Roid Rage" but she was still such a trooper! We pulled a few smiles from her sweet little face. :) GOSH I LOVE HER. After sitting there with Liv, Jenni, and Chase and some much needed delirious laughing, we left around midnight.. oops. On our way home, Jessica and I planned to do something for Jenni for her birthday so we ordered a small ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and expected like 10 people to go up and celebrate with us the next day. Well, because Jenni is so loved :) a LOT more people showed up. But of course we were all so happy for Jenni to have so many friends and family there! As we were walking to the patio, out of the elevator walks Jenni... umm... Surprise! ha ha! Oh well. Tiny birthday cake and all... it was still a success. But here's a tip for next time: a cake for 12 doesn't easily feed 20 people... but it still can! :) I'm sure it was delicious.. I sacrificed my piece but it was well worth it! We got Jenni out of the room for a bit and celebrated her birthday. That's what was important. Thanks to EVERYONE who helped get it together and everything! We couldn't have done any of it without you...
Around the time when everyone was starting to leave, Jenni's cousin, Gentry came down from Livi's room with some news that Alivia had woken up with a fever and in a lot of pain. She got a shot earlier in her leg.. hopefully Jenni can fill in the blanks with all the info about it. But anyway, the doctors did warn Jenni that it is a VERY painful shot. So that's probably the reason for the pain. Jenni went rushing up to her room and I guess they gave her some tylenol and back to sleep she went. What a relief!
We love you Jenni and I hope we made your day a little brighter!
*thanks to Kelsi for the picture
No comments:
Post a Comment